Saturday, May 3, 2008

Links

While (being distracted from) finishing up my essays this week, I surfed the web a bit. Here are a couple things I think are worth reading.

This post by Dave Moulton (the dude who made Chris' frame) pretty well sums up my attitude on waving.  In Oregon (and probably most places), cyclists always wave because you feel a kind of solidarity: we're all out here doing the same thing. In Boulder, quite a few cyclists seem to have the attitude that they are somehow above waving, or that it's an inconvenience. In Dave's apt words, this is bull-shit. 

Another site I read deals with the Euro scene, extolling the virtues of finishing a race. Races are hard, and finishing them frequently is an accomplishment. This guy is way off the radar, but in terms of finishing the recent Euro-classics he is the best in the world.  Impressive.

No comments: