Sunday, April 27, 2008

The good and bad news for Robbie:

The bad:
  • The Paketa is no more. The the past week and a half or so I've heard a noise that sounded like a worn bottom bracket. Upon further inspection I found that it was, wait wait don't tell me, another broken drive-side chainstay. 2nd broken Paketa, 4th broken chainstay in general. Oh, and guess who won't return my messages: Paketa. Maybe it has something to do with me asking for a refund. I don't want another Paketa that may or may not kill me.
  • $100 ticket for rolling through the stop sign at 9th and Maxwell last night. Have I ever told you how much I despise the police? These numb skulls are impossible to talk to. They have disregarded reason for power and control. Excuse me, but ticketing a bicycle commuter for rolling through a stop sign in a residential neighborhood at 11:19pm when no other traffic is present is quite an excessive use of power. Boulder police, and all police worldwide, Go Fuck Yourselves! Who wants to go to court with me at 8:30am on the 23rd day of May 2008?
  • Crash during yesterday's Primus Mootry crit. The worst part of it all was stubbing my left ring finger. It's all fat and blue.
The good:
  • Tour of the Gila! I preregistered earlier this week, despite not having a bike, a ride to Silver City, NM, or any money. After a busy week I've now got all of the above and look forward to an epic 5 days of racing.
  • New bike! The Cervelo R3. It's pretty rad. Although I'm having some difficulty making it fit properly.
  • New team! I'm officially with the cat. 3 Horizon Organic team. I just got my kit, water bottles, and new helmet yesterday. Should be a good time.
  • Getting surly and watching The Fugitive at Chris' house last night. Damn that Harrison Ford is sexy.
(photos coming soon)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what about having a "metal queen"
huh?
and, how's your cold?