Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hill climbing and Alpe d'Huez


Hill climbing is my favorite part of cycling probably because I'm now scared of down hills. And this July when I'm climbing Alpe d'Huez I want to have put the hours in so that I can beat a bunch of frenchys. That being said I have just started my 'training' I'm a fair weather rider unlike the RobeastO.
Today in honor of the Paris-Roubaix (my asshole roommate told me who won before I could watch) and because it's warm I did a hill climb in preparation of next month's Lookout Mountain race and the Alpe d'Huez. I wanted to climb something that was comparable to Il Pirata's mountain and the best I could come up with was Super Flag and then to the end of the pavement. The climb is six and a half k shorter but it might be steeper so I'll call it even. It was sunny, I climbed slowly, broke a chain, got cold costing down hill but the the ride was sweet I think i'll do again it tomorrow.

70s tomorrow have a good ride,
-blake

No comments: